12th GATE Training Course - June 2019 Participants' Wiki
Here you will find detailed current information about the training course, including the hands-on material you will need for each module. This page will be updated regularly.
Course materials and supporting information for the talks
Presentations and related materials will be posted here when available. Please download the relevant material for the modules you're taking, in advance of the session.
Please also make sure you have GATE 8.5.1 downloaded and installed on your laptop. You will also need Java 8 as a minimum, but it should work with Java 9 or 10.
For those following the Programming Track on Friday (Module 5), you will also need
- Monday 11 June, Module 1: Information Extraction -
- Tuesday 12 June, Module 2: Social Media
- Wednesday 13 June, Module 3: Crowdsourcing, Cloud/MIMIR and ML
- Thursday 14 June, Module 4: Advanced Information Extraction
- Friday 15 June, Module 5: Applications; Module 6: GATE for Programmers
Venue: The course will be held in the John Carr Design Centre at the University of Sheffield: Room C29, first floor, Portobello Centre, Pitt Street (opposite the Royal Institute for the Blind). This is a 30 minute walk or a simple bus ride from the University accommodation.
- General information about Sheffield, how to get to it by air and train, places to eat, where to visit, etc can be found in our Sheffield visitor's guide.
- Some more maps and travel advice are available here as well.
Accommodation: There may be some accommodation available at the university's Halifax Hall Hotel in Endcliffe (approx 30 mins walk or a 10 minute bus ride from the venue). This costs from £65 per night. Booking details available on their website. There are also a variety of other options in the city centre (10-15 minutes walk from the venue) or around the university.
- Chairs: Diana Maynard and Kalina Bontcheva
- Local organisation: Alice Tucker
- Contact: Please contact us at email@example.com for any enquiries relating to the training course.