- open source software capable of solving almost any text
- a mature and extensive community of developers, users,
educators, students and scientists
- a defined and repeatable process for creating
robust and maintainable text processing workflows
- in active use for all sorts of language processing tasks and applications,
including: voice of the customer;
- the result of a €multi-million R&D programme running
since 1995, funded by commercial users, the EC,
AHRC, JISC, etc.
- used by corporations, SMEs, research labs and
- the Eclipse of Natural Language Engineering, the Lucene
of Information Extraction, the ISO 9001 of Text Mining
- a world-class team of language processing developers
If you need to solve a problem with text analysis or human language processing
you're in the right place.
If you wish to learn GATE then please sign up for the next training course.
Join the GATE team - a fully funded PhD studentship now available.
If you are already using GATE then please cite our work.
We have been analysing tweets on the EU Referendum, 2017 UK election, and Russian bots — read about our findings here.
Our blog details some recent work.
More news: on
LinkedIn; on FaceBook; on Twitter; and on our GATE blogs.