- open source software capable of solving almost any text
- a mature and extensive community of developers, users,
educators, students and scientists
- a defined and repeatable process for creating
robust and maintainable text processing workflows
- in active use for all sorts of language processing tasks and applications,
including: voice of the customer;
- the result of a €multi-million R&D programme running
since 1995, funded by commercial users, the EC,
AHRC, JISC, etc.
- used by corporations, SMEs, research labs and
- the Eclipse of Natural Language Engineering, the Lucene
of Information Extraction, the ISO 9001 of Text Mining
- a world-class team of language processing developers
If you need to solve a problem with text analysis or human language processing
you're in the right place.
We have been analysing tweets on the EU Referendum — read about our findings here.
If you are already using GATE then please cite our work!
Read on: an overview;
2 minute guide;
the user guide;
core plugins list.
Or here's our Pi-Tronics stuff with the Raspberry Pi.
User guide now available in print.
More news: on
LinkedIn; on FaceBook; on Twitter; and on our GATE blogs.