GATE Customisation, Development and Training Services
Jumpstarting GATE for Your Needs
GATE is free and open (under the LGPL licence), and you are very welcome to use it for both commercial and research purposes. Numerous businesses now use GATE in production applications, from large corporates like Thompson to startups like Garlik or Innovantage.
If you need help getting started, contact us regarding customisation services, which can offer a complete working prototype within a month or so, depending on scope.
According to your task, three types of solutions are available:
- semi-automatic workflow-based using GATE Teamware
- fully-automatic GATE-based extraction (accessed via parallel distributed web services or tightly coupled with your application as appropriate)
- a wide range of other bespoke language processing systems
A typical arrangement for a simple annotation pipeline project (case 2. above) would have three stages:
- Task analysis and prototype specification (which typically requires less than a person-week of time and involves discussing your business case with you, whether what you require is feasible using GATE, and how much resource a full-blown solution would require).
- Development of a working prototype to serve as proof-of-concept (typically several weeks of developer time done over the course of a month or 6 weeks, plus several days of training time for your organisation).
- Deployment and maintenance of the working system (typically in-house at your organisation, with ongoing support as required).
We also supply GATE training.
Many other configurations are possible, and a number of commercial organisation provide similar services. Contact us for details.