Live Demos, Video Demos, Video Lectures and Screencams
Note that many of these are now quite old, and some of the applications behind the videos, especially those towards the bottom of the page, may be no longer available. We are in the process of creating some newer tutorials and videos.
- Screencams of GATE Developer: These screencams are a great place to start using GATE Developer, and cover similar material to Module 1 of the training course, specifically the following material:
- Introduction to GATE Developer
- Loading and Viewing Documents
- Loading and Viewing a Corpus
- Processing Resources
- Creating and Loading Applications and Runtime Parameters
- Annotations: Viewing & Editing
- Schemata: Creating & Loading
- Data Stores and Saving Applications
- ANNIE, "A Nearly New Information Extraction system", is a ready-made information extraction system for English. In this live demo, you can try ANNIE out for yourself on a webpage of your choice.
- Mimir, "Multiparadigm Indexing and Retrieval", can be used to index and search over text, annotations, ontologies and semantic meta-data. Try it out in this demo.
- People in the News, a live demo showing a Mimir customisation.
- (for others mail us)
- This 20 minute video talk describes the GATE team's work on online abuse of UK politicians in the 2015 and 2017 UK general elections. It's accessible to a general audience, and gives an insight into how this kind of work can be approached using the GATE family of tools.
- Videos of the 2009 training course
- A few slides from our lectures and talks
Some GATE Developer demo videos. The screencams under "Tutorials" at the top of this page are more up to date and cover much of this material.
- Extensive GATE Developer demo.
- ANNIC, "Annotations in Context", a full-featured annotation indexing and retrieval system.
- ANNIE demo, showing how to use ANNIE for information extraction.
- Using Corpora
- Using Datastores
- Inspecting results in GATE Developer
- Jena Ontology Tool (Rather out of date!)
- Loading applications from file
- Loading datastores
- Loading documents
- Loading Processing Resources
- Saving application states
- Prestospace demonstrates using GATE for annotation and Information Extraction (IE) over multimedia content. For more information, see the project page.
- Short video demonstrating extracting keyphrases, from the Sekt project.
- Longer Sekt video demonstrating extracting keyphrases.
NL Interfaces to Ontologies:
- CLIE, "Controlled Language Information Extraction", demonstrates creating an ontology automatically from a document in the controlled language.
- Questio, "Question-based Interface to Ontologies", demonstrates querying an ontology using natural language.
- FREyA is an interactive way of querying ontologies using natural language. Here are some FREyA demos:
Using Ontologies in Information Extraction:
- OBIE, "Ontology-Based Information Extraction", from the Sekt project.
- OCAT, "Ontology-based Corpus Annotation Tool", also from the Sekt project.
- GATE Webservices for the NeOn Toolkit: Ontology extraction from text.
- (There are more movies from the Neon project here, of less GATE relevance.)