11th GATE Training Course - June 2018 Participants' Wiki
Here you will find detailed current information about the training course, including the hands-on material you will need for each module. This page will be updated regularly.
Course materials and supporting information for the talks
Presentations and related materials will be posted here when available. Please download the relevant material for the modules you're taking, in advance of the session.
Venue: The course will be held in the Design Studio on D floor (rooms D06, D07 snd D08) in the Pam Liversidge Building at the University of Sheffield. This is a 30 minute walk or a simple bus ride from the University accommodation.
- General information about Sheffield, how to get to it by air and train, places to eat, where to visit, etc can be found in our Sheffield visitor's guide.
- Some more maps and travel advice are available here as well.
Accommodation: There may be some accommodation available at the university's Halifax Hall Hotel in Endcliffe (approx 30 mins walk or a 10 minute bus ride from the venue). This costs from £65 per night. Booking details available on their website. There are also a variety of other options in the city centre (10-15 minutes walk from the venue) or around the university.
Social Event: There will be a social event one evening. Details tbc.
- Chairs: Diana Maynard and Kalina Bontcheva
- Local organisation: Lucy Moffatt
- Contact: Please contact us at email@example.com for any enquiries relating to the training course.