GATE Training Course August 2010 Participants' Wiki
This is an archive page - the wiki for the current course is here
Here you will find detailed current information about the training course, and a place to post comments etc. This will be updated regularly.
- Schedule for the training course
- Venue, travel and accommodation information
- Invited Talks
- Exam certification
- Participant Profiles — add a few words about yourself here.
- Lecturer Profiles
- Comments, questions and feedback from participants. Feel free to post here.
- Some photos from the course
- Instructions for the exam.
- To try a test exam that will give you an idea of the format of the questions, click here and use the login "test" with password "TestTest123".
Course materials and supporting information for the talks
Presentations and related materials will be posted here when available. Please download the relevant material for the modules you're taking, in advance of the session.
- Monday's Introduction to GATE talk
- Track 1:
- Track 2:
- Track 3:
- Monday: slides, hands-on material
- Tuesday: slides, hands-on material
- Wednesday: slides, handout, hands-on material, supplementary slides, supplementary hands-on material. The materials on relations learning can be used for self-study but will not be taught in the module or included in the exam.
- Thursday: slides, hands-on material, twitter corpus
- Track 4:
- Friday's closing session talk
Venue: The course will take place at Concordia University, downtwon campus, close to the Metro Guy-Concordia station in Montréal. See the venue page for detailed information on how to get there.
Accommodation: You will have to book your own accommodation, for some information on different areas in Montréal see the venue page.
Social: There will be a welcome reception on Monday, August 30th, at Concordia (see the details on the venue page). Additionally, we meet for a social event on Thursday, September 2nd at 8pm (details are also on the venue page).
- Chair: Diana Maynard, University of Sheffield
- Local chair: René Witte, Concordia University, Montreal
- Contact: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries relating to the training course.