13th GATE Training Course (online) - Feb 2021 Participants' Wiki
Here you will find detailed current information about the training course, including the hands-on material you will need for each module.
Course materials and supporting information for the talks
Presentations and related materials will be posted here when available. Please download the relevant material for the modules you're taking, in advance of the session.
We will be using GATE 9.0 for the course this year, which is now available from the download page. You will also need Java 8 as a minimum, but it should work with Java 9 or 10.
- Monday 15 February 1-4pm GMT, Module 1:
- Tuesday 16th February 1-4pm GMT, Module 2: JAPE
- Wednesday 17th February 10am-12 noon GMT, Module 3: GATE Cloud
- Wednesday 17th February 1-4pm GMT, Module 4: Social Media hands-on materials
- Thursday 18th February 2-5pm GMT, Module 5: Machine Learning in GATE
- Friday 19th February 1-4pm GMT, Module 6: Tools and Plugins hands-on materials
- Monday 22nd February 2-5pm GMT, Module 7: Opinion Mining
- Tuesday 23rd February 1-4pm GMT, Module 8: GATE Embedded hands-on materials
- Wednesday 24th February 1-3pm GMT, Module 9: Online Abuse Detection
- Thursday 25th February 1:30-3pm GMT, Module 10: Disinformation Analysis
- Download application ZIP file of hands-on materials; pls unzip in a new local module 10 folder on your machine
- Download slides PDF
- Friday 26th February 1-4pm GMT, Module 11: Python GateNLP
- Preparation/Installation for the module
- ORIGINAL 2021: Download notebook/slides and additional materials as a zip file
- ORIGINAL 2021: view slides online
- UPDATE 2022: Download notebook/slides and additional materials as a zip file
- UPDATE 2022: view slides online
Contact: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries relating to the training course.