GATE Teamware: Collaborative Annotation Factories
Teamware is a web-based management platform for collaborative annotation & curation. It is a cost-effective environment for annotation and curation projects, enabling you to harness a broadly distributed workforce and monitor progress & results remotely in real time.
It’s also very easy to use. A new project can be up and running in less than five minutes. (As far as we know, there is nothing else like it in this field.)
GATE Teamware delivers a multi-function user interface over the Internet for viewing, adding and editing text annotations. The web-based management interface allows for project set-up, tracking, and management:
- Loading document collections (a "corpus” or “corpora”)
- Creating re-usable project templates
- Initiating projects based on templates
- Assigning project roles to specific users
- Monitoring progress and various project statistics in real time
- Reporting of project status, annotator activity and statistics
- Applying GATE-based processing routines (automatic annotations or post-annotation processing)
Where to get it? The easiest way to get started is to buy a ready-to-run Teamware virtual server from GATECloud.net. GATE Teamware is open-source software, available under the GNU Affero General Public Licence 3.0, with the source code hosted on SourceForge. To discuss commercial licensing or bespoke customization options, please contact the GATE team.
For a more detailed introduction to Teamware, see
Below is an image of the welcome screen: