10th GATE Training Course - June 2017 Participants' Wiki
Here you will find detailed current information about the training course, including the hands-on material you will need for each module. This page will be updated regularly.
Course materials and supporting information for the talks
Presentations and related materials will be posted here when available. Please download the relevant material for the modules you're taking, in advance of the session.
- Monday 26 June, Module 1: Information Extraction
- Tuesday 27 June, Module 2: Crowdsourcing, Cloud/MIMIR and ML
- Session 1: Crowdsourcing Annotations: slides, hands-on materials
- Session 2: GATE Cloud and MIMIR: slides, hands-on materials (20MB)
- Session 3: Machine Learning in GATE: intro slides, classification exercise slides, hands-on materials, plugin
- Session 4: Machine Learning in GATE: chunking exercise slides, hands-on materials
- Wednesday 28 June, Module 3: Social Media
- Thursday 29 June, Module 4: Advanced IE and Opinion Mining
- Friday 30 June
- Track 1, Module 5: GATE for programmers track
- Track 2, Module 6: Applications
- Session 1, Applications
- TermRaider slides; ANNIC slides; Political Futures Tracker slides; (http://gate.ac.uk/sale/talks/gate-course-jun17/module-6-applications/hands-on-module-6.zip, hands-on materials)
- Session 2, Applications
- Entity Linking, YODIE, Bio-YODIE:slides
- Session 3, JAPE Practical: exercise instructions, exercise corpus
- Session 1, Applications
Venue: The course will be held in the Design Studio 2 on E floor (room E05) in the Pam Liversidge Building at the University of Sheffield. This is a 30 minute walk or a simple bus ride from the University accommodation.
- General information about Sheffield, how to get to it by air and train, places to eat, where to visit, etc can be found in our Sheffield visitor's guide.
- Some more maps and travel advice are available here as well.
Accommodation: There may be some accommodation available at the university's Halifax Hall Hotel in Endcliffe (approx 30 mins walk or a 10 minute bus ride from the venue). This costs from £65 per night. Booking details available on their website. There are also a variety of other options in the city centre (10-15 minutes walk from the venue) or around the university.
Social Event: On Tuesday 27th June there will be a barbeque at the Leopold Hotel from 6.30pm. Food and a welcome drink included; further drinks can be bought from the bar. The barbeque will take place on the terrace in Leopold Square.
- Chairs: Diana Maynard and Kalina Bontcheva
- Local organisation: Joanne Suter
- Contact: Please contact us at email@example.com for any enquiries relating to the training course.