This is a Title***
2.1. Bold, italic, underline and teletype #bold
Bold text is contained in stars: *this is bold* becomes this is bold. Italic text is contained in underscores: _this is italic_ becomes this is italic. Fixed-width text is contained in equals signs: ^this is teletype^ becomes this is teletype. Underlined text is contained in doubles undercores: __this is underlined__ becomes this is underlined.
Unordered lists are indicated by 'o' at the start of a line, and ordered lists by '-'. Nesting is indicated by two spaces preceding the item indicator. For example:
- This is an o - - o undordered list
- Second item
- This is a nested...
- - -
- ...ordered list -
- Back to the third item of the enclosing list - skdjf
This *will not* get translated
The contents will be output to the translation file, but will be commented out in that file. \The quotation marks around the note are necessary; notes cannot contain quotation marks (even if escaped).
2.2. Links and anchors #links
Links can be specified in four ways:
- As plain text, e.g. 'http://gate.ac.uk/' will become http://gate.ac.uk/
- Using 'target', e.g. http://gate.ac.uk/ will become http://gate.ac.uk/
- Using 'label', e.g. GATE home will become GATE home
- Using Wiki syntax %ThisIsAWikiLink will become %ThisIsAWikiLink. Wiki links may also contain paths, specified with "/" relative to the current page.
Anchors and labels are specified using '#name'. For example,
%2 A Heading #label
will result in a heading followed by the anchor label.
Block quotations are enclosed in %" marks. For example, becomes:
This is a quote
Line breaks are indicated by %\ at the end of a line. For example: becomes: This line is broken in two.
Tables use square brackets, bars and dashes. For example: results in: (|| ) | lkj
|header col 1||header col 2|
|row 1 col 1||col 2 |||
|row 2 col 1||col 2|
It is possible to have a
blockquote almostThough it may not be a great idea...
Another block quote.
- with a list
- or two