- open source software capable of solving almost any text
- a mature and extensive community of developers, users,
educators, students and scientists
- a defined and repeatable process for creating
robust and maintainable text processing workflows
- in active use for all sorts of language processing tasks and applications,
including: voice of the customer;
- the result of a €multi-million R&D programme running
since 1995, funded by commercial users, the EC,
AHRC, JISC, etc.
- used by corporations, SMEs, research labs and
- the Eclipse of Natural Language Engineering, the Lucene
of Information Extraction, the ISO 9001 of Text Mining
- a world-class team of language processing developers
If you need to solve a problem with text analysis or human language processing
you're in the right place.
If you are already using GATE then please cite our work!
If you are not sure how to use GATE then please come to our June summer school.
Read on: an overview;
2 minute guide;
the user guide;
core plugins list.
User guide now available in print.
More news: on
LinkedIn; on FaceBook; on Twitter.