GATE Version 6.0 release (November 2010)
GATE version 6.0 adds a number of new features to GATE including:
- A tool to support the annotation of relational information in documents using an ontology.
- A scriptable controller to execute PRs under the control of a Groovy script, providing more powerful conditional behaviour than is possible with the standard conditional controllers.
- A new version of the alignment editor for handling aligned parallel texts (for example in different languages).
- A plugin to support on-the-fly translation of documents using the Google translation web service.
- Enhancements to JAPE, an improved gazetteer editor, integration of the NLM's MetaMap tagger for biomedical terms, and much more...